Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Long Overdue Update

I know I said before I would try to update this more often, but that obviously hasn't happened. We've been very busy, but hopefully now life will slow down at least a little bit before it gets busy again when I go back to work soon. Since it's been so long, I'll highlight the important milestones and events in our life as best I can remember. I'll attach some pictures of events soon.
*Callum successfully survived multiple Christmas celebrations and has the large stash of toys to show for it--however, his favorite toys right now are his hands and feet. I know eventually he will love to play with all of the toys and some do manage to hold his interest for a few minutes at a time. *We spent Christmas in Louisville celebrating with Scott's family and then headed back up to Franklin to spend a couple of days with my family.
*Callum had his two month checkup. As of December 28 he weighed 10 lbs., 6 oz., jumping from the 10th percentile at birth to the 25th percentile, so he's obviously eating well. He is also generally a happy baby unless he's hungry or tired and smiles often. He currently is fascinated with sucking on his hands, and has a great fascination with lights and ceiling fans, even when they're not on. (But it's at least cheap and easy entertainment since no matter what, we can always find a light somewhere!)
*Except for a couple of slip-ups, Callum has also been essentially sleeping through the night, which I am extremely thankful for, and the doctor was quite surprised and impressed with this. He usually does not like going to bed before 9:30 or 10:00 p.m, but he will then sleep to anywhere between 4 and 6 a.m. He does not like to sleep much during the day which means I am quite the entertainer and do not get much accomplished, but I'll take that if it means I sleep more at night.
*Callum was baptized today. He had lots of family and friends present for the baptism, and did very well. He didn't even flinch when the pastor put the water on his head and managed to keep his outfit clean throughout the entire service, which was impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment